With 774 million+ members and 55 million+ companies in 200+ countries and territories, LinkedIn is the best business-related social platform in the world.
The biggest difference when comparing LinkedIn to other social media platforms is its effectiveness for business-to-business marketing.
Today, I want to talk about not just how we’re using LinkedIn to get leads and clients but also a big shift that is happening that you need to be aware of.
There’s been a huge shift to remote work, self-employment, and side hustles after the 2020 pandemic. There are more coaching and marketing agencies popping up today than ever before.
And so what’s happening is on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and really every social platform, your clients, both your future clients and your current clients, are being pitched at every moment by another business who claims that they could do the same thing that you do, but better, faster, and cheaper.
Thus, more and more competition.
In this article, we’ll walk you through how to make sure you’re always differentiated and always have the opportunity, no matter how cannibalized your industry becomes. This is how you set yourself apart.
In 2021, we reached out to over 4 million individuals, owners, executives, and decision-makers on LinkedIn. And in 2022, we’re on track to reaching out to over 20 million people alone.
Here’s why LinkedIn should be your #1 Advertising Channel for 2021, 2022, and beyond:
1. You can reach out to your target audience and be very specific about your targeting.
On LinkedIn, you can target a very specific audience. You can target business owners or executives, how long they’ve been in the company, how long they’ve owned the company, what’s their location and how many employees they have. You can always segment your audience based on size, geography, titles, and more, etc.
2. You can automate and humanize your outreach.
Your biggest leverage as a business owner is creating a system for lead generation that does not require you to manually do the work. With LinkedIn, you can automate your outreach (in a way that is humanized) so you have a consistent running lead generation machine.
3. You can easily get 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, and 500+ appointments per month.
LinkedIn outreach for lead generation is highly scalable. Once you have the first two dialed in, you can easily get hundreds of hot, ready-to-buy leads monthly.
Your biggest opportunity.
The biggest opportunity here is actually converting the leads you get through your LinkedIn outreach into paying customers.
3 things to convert LinkedIn leads into actual customers:
1. Answer the question, “What’s in it for me?”
- Your pitch should be the benefits offered. Don’t describe the features of the product but describe what it can do to them (your prospect)
2. State your UVP (Unique Value Proposition)
- The next question you have to answer is what makes your business different from the thousands of other social media or marketing companies or real estate agents that your customers have talked to before or are being pitched by daily.
3. Build trust
- The last question of your customer that you have to answer is, “How can I trust you? Why should I trust you?” You can provide case studies and testimonials to help build trust and eliminate uncertainties. You can also offer free value on a call so they can get value from you whether they decide to work with you or not.
To sum it all up, LinkedIn should be a strategic priority in your marketing plans for 2022 and beyond. It is a very powerful tool for scaling and growing your business and B2B Marketers everywhere rely on LinkedIn because it works.
If you want to know more about how we help thousands of clients grow and scale their businesses through LinkedIn B2B Marketing, the guide is right down below, click that link and get that guide.